Sunday, May 3, 2009

Animation planning


Okay, on to a new and exciting project.
This will be animation over a sound track (speak), which is something I havn't done in a year - last time was march, 2008 - so it's about time to start on that again. Plus it'll be a nice update to a future animation reel.
The animation will be created, for a contest at www.11secondclub.com and the soundtrack is delivered by them. It can be heard here: Soundtrack.

I have a month to do it, say I'll be taking my time, and take all the necessary steps.
First up is the planning and idea phase.
I have recorded some reference video, and sketched out some poses and thoughts.
It's always nice to get the ideas out of that place in your head, where everything sounds cool, and into reality where it might not hold up.

Anyways, here it is so far. I think it is a fairly solid base but I'll things usually change for me, when I block it out in maya.

Anyways, I can't wait to start block it in. I have a lot of ideas of motion in my head, so hopefully I can transfer it onto the actual animation.

This time I've got have more patience in the blocking, than I usually have.
I always ends up, going on to splined interpolation, with a half finished blocking, which leads to lots of fixing, and hazzle in the Graph editor. I've got to spend more time with blocking, working almost 2d like.
I'm up for the challenge, for sure.

Cheers

No comments: